So this train of thinking hasn't really popped up into my head recently up until the recent 21st that was celebrated. Is it okay for me to not like to be around some guys because they kinda work everyone else up into a bro mentality or is it just me being a dick? I mentioned to abs I didn't like being around a guy and he's like 'well who else at the party DON'T you hate?' Uh bitch please, I can name people I don't hate. Like everyone. Funny how I just told my other friend to stop hating when apparently I hate lots of people too. I say apparently because I don't believe it.
So I'm guessing their line or argument is... so what if they make everyone rowdy, put on stupid voices and do dumb shit, That's just what guys do right? They're having fun and if you can't get into that mood and have fun with them, no need to be hating.
So then what should I do, just excuse myself and leave? I don't know if I should be trying to make more of an effort to fit in with the rest of the guys when they all get hyped up and happy or just do what feels natural (not get into it) and just... find some other people to talk to or if there's no one just die... LOL. There's obviously some distinction I wasn't told about when in primary school the teachers taught us 'its okay to be yourself'... except if you want to kinda get along you might have to sacrifice and push against what makes you feel comfortable.
Now that last bit doesn't really sound fair. You don't get anywhere without pushing your comfort zones and maybe they've breached it so many times its normal for them but since I've never tried it hasn't really been that for me. Should I be trying harder or should I be looking for people I can naturally feel at ease with?
This also came up because after my speech one guy was like 'SO THAT EXPLAINS IT! Why sometimes you look down and moody. Its because of him!' No bitch, its because I don't like how you change all my friends into jocks
... which can be translated into something like
No bitch, its because I don't want to try to fit in with you guys
No bitch, its because I want to be a mood killer and not have fun with you guys
No bitch, its because I don't want to yell and carry on with the rest of you guys
No bitch, its because I don't want to be like a fucking bruuuuuuuuuuu
And that's just the way it is.
I've had 3 drafts since the last post so I was meaning to write. Just never got around to it. Sucks to be you
No comments:
Post a Comment