Today begun the first (and perhaps last) of my cooking adventures! With relatively nothing to do and some people busy/ some want for not going out any further than a bus trip, I had planned in my mind to follow a NQN recipe.
There were precautions taken of course! It was under easy peasy, only had 3 ingredients and 4 steps. It even took advantage of packet gnocchi which is a huge time saver compared to making your own gnocchi (which is a step way out of my league).
So I went off in the morning to buy my three ingredients from hurstiville, running to make the bus as I saw it turn up one street and only just making it (damn my unfitness).
Now I wait while i figure out how to shove pictures onto this blog
.
. and here we go
So this is the gnocchi before anything happens to it.
Basically the recipe (I'll copy paste later) involved boiling the gnocchi in salt water then melting Danish blue cheese in a pan and throwing in some cream as well. Lookie!
Danish Blue Cheese
Melting the Cheese
Simmering the sauce
And then you slap it all together and get...
The Final Product
So I offer some to my dad and his response was 'no way'. Unphased I try some of my easy peasy gnocchi....
...which tasted like shit. Too much blue cheese or too much simmering. I don't know which but it had a huge cheese flavor and was ridiculously salty. That said I ate half of it (which was meant to be two servings) and threw the rest away.
After this experience I now treat the easy peasy section on NQN with a bit of trepidation. I also think I somehow made myself hate gnocchi, although a trip to Mickey's with their sweet chilli gnocchi might do the trick to make me love it again! (SHOULD GO THERE SOMETIME).
Although my finished product wasn't too far from what it shows on NQN. Oh how misleading these pictures can be to the taste buds... I mourn them, I really do.
What it's meant to look like
So, now I leave you with the actual recipe (by NQN for credit and stuff incase I get sued or something) and then some pictures of better food which will restore some of your faith in humanity.
Blue cheese gnocchi
500gram packet gnocchi50-75grams danish blue cheese cut into smaller chunks
150ml cream (light or full fat)
1. Boil gnocchi in plenty of salted water until it comes to the surface (about 5-8 minutes)
2. In non stick pan (or if you can’t be bothered to wash another pan, the same one that you cooked the gnocchi in) heat blue cheese until it melts.
3. Add cream and simmer until thick
4. Return gnocchi to pan and coat with blue cheese sauce and serve
Serves 2-3 (depending on level of hunger)
KOBE JONES PICTURES
- OM NOM NOM
AND IT PASTES CORRECTLY =D
AND IT PASTES CORRECTLY =D








No comments:
Post a Comment