Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lift?

We had a vision exam yesterday and got back our optom marks. Our grade did poorly in the stuff that we learnt last semester (all the eye test stuff) but apparently we're still better than third years who the professor said we're 'crap'. In my opinion that doesn't mean much at all, but maybe academics don't use the word 'crap' often. Whatever.

Since the exam was at the end of the day, we holed ourselves up in the RM building (where all our lectures are and where we live basically) during our break and went on to cram. We burnt out somewhat so I decided to show one of those comics that have been gaining attention online (because it's scary) to LH and it was hilaaaaaaarious. Made me feel heaps bad for it, since I'm guessing this is the sort of reaction the dweeb would have, but it made me laugh so much. I must be a sadist or something. Granted I did find the comic pretty scary too when I first read through it. It gave me a jump and I had to put on music to finish reading it haha.


Go there for instructions on how to get a translation. Otherwise you can just go to the korean site and read it without the translation seeing as words don't make pictures scary by themselves.

One day after and we come to physio lab. Did shit in the quiz because I didn't prep myself for it... lol 4. I should take physio more seriously it looks like. If I get 10 on the last quiz then I'll only lose 3% out of the total mark. Bet you I'll get an 82D or something at the end of the semester. Note to self I should be less complacent about this sorta thing. But I got back optom and the result wasn't too bad either (but it was worth piss little)... Yeah.

So today's experiment involved lots of pissing and the such. There were 4 subjects and they had to drink water (or drink nothing in the case of the control) mixed with different solutes; salt and urea, the last subject had plain water. So I told them I'd do anything and I got volunteered to do control... imba. This was the lab that my mates' siblings' kept telling us we had to drink piss but I guess it was blown out of proportion. Basically you had to drink x amount of solute and piss into a container every 30 minutes. The sample would then get analysed in terms or osmolarity per kilo? or something like that but seeing as I had no clue... whatever yeah.

Next week is the midsem break and we're going to Port Stephens for an 'optom camp' which isn't really one. We're just paying for accommodation up there and everything else we do ourselves. Hopefully it won't suck. Yeah the point of this post was that W offered me a lift up there so yay. But I think I might've offended her today after meerkat (lol why does spelling look so dodge) brought up my bro and how he failed physics, and so I laughed and shit. Insensitive bastard whatevs.

Yeah I'm hella ceebs now. What else.

My mum came back today... wtf.

I am jelly but it's silly... wtf.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment