Sunday, February 7, 2010

Japfest Day

There won't be many pictures in this because I'm awesome.

So on the 6th of February we went to the Japfest thing on at Darling harbour. Started the day off downing cups of water to donate blood (now i have a needle scab on my arm making me look like a druggie). Anthony, Adro and I were meant to meet up at Town Hall at 10:30 so they could 'escort' me to the blood bank since I hadn't walked there before (they used that word because they both wanted to diaf). However they both failed after their train assploded or the traintracks at redfern were washed away by the rain so I went off exploring to find Clarence Street. Luckily I remembered it from Luke showing me where Plan B was.

I get there on time and proceed to get drained of my blood. Anthony caled at 1230 and I got semi told off by the nurse, because I might reach for it instinctively!

Things I noted

  • There were quite a few asians
  • There was an Asian guy with a blonde chick
  • There was a French guy
One of the asian chicks looked younger than me! I guess that should start to get less surprising sooner or later. Homg we're all getting old.

So after you fill in your form of stuff checking if I had traveled overseas, had taken drugs or gotten a tattoo you get to have an interview with a person who goes over the form. So I got the same lady as last time and told her my current weight was 66.8kg. I asked if it had my weight before and it went something like this.

Lady: 67kg
Me: Dammit
Lady: *laughing* You're just not built that way to gain weight!

...stupid bitch

When asked which arm I wanted to use to donate, I asked for the nurses opinion and she's like 'either arm, you have beautiful veins'. That somehow made me think of vampires and seemed a bit odd but I suppose working there would make such things commonplace. So the needle in me started vibrating for some reason and I found out that I wasn't squeezing my squishy enough. It made the machine go red and angry and it also felt funny. Other than that everything went smooth. They give you free food after you donate and water too so you can replace the blood volume as quickly as possible. Lookie!

 
Hot Dog + Promo Mat

So they have those promo mats I guess because they need more people to donate blood. So you should do it too! Doesn't hurt much either.

After donating blood I trekked through the rain to meet people for the japfest! When we got there, there was a band playing really loud jrock which wasn't so bad. 

Other interesting things

  • They wore funny kimono things.
  • They looked short.
  • There was a guy in a dress.
Also bendy bought a fried noodles thing for $8. There wasn't much there.

They jap fest thing sucked. Bad weather + nothing much there at all = llama. SO we detoured to play pool. After that we went to market city for lunch going ona  wierd detour that ended up with people who didn't have umbrellas being soaked and whatnot.

AT POPORO

So apparently the management has changed. GONE are the touch screens and isntead we get funny little menus. GONE are the poporo burgers. So instead we look at the menu and are amused at how many of the pictures are reused for the same dishes. So here's what I got to take pictures of.

Note: Fuck eating in big groups! Can't take pictures of everyone's food without getting out of my chair. Rarararararararara.

Karage Chicken with Rice
 
I ordered this.Bleh there wasn't enough chicken. I normally ration out my non rice stuff (tsong, song whatever you get it) so that there's enough rice to go with it. However even doing so there just wasn't enough chicken. It also didn't come with any of the funky mayo I'm used to having with karage chicken and the sauce was weak. Also, half the rice was covered with bland lettuce with no dressing at all. It was quite the suck.

 
Pork Katsu Curry

David Hu and Adro's. Well they used the sauce packets I guess. I didn't try any of the pork coz they werebeing douches (baddies) but it was funny to note the vegies looked like the McCain ones. I haven't eaten pork katsu curry often so I have nfi if its yummeh.


Karage Chicken Ramen

Shirley's food. No idea how it tasted, however the people on the other side of the table ( I wasn't bothered to take pictures of) all complained that their soup was incredibly salty. Anthony even found a bug in his soup (and while pouring himself a glass of water to get rid of the taste, poured some on me... douche). 
SO IT SEEMS WITH NEW MANAGEMENT POPORO NOW SUCKS. imo anyway.

No more pictures because I ceebs. After that we went galaxy where Bendy went crazy.
He...
  • Smashed xavier in SF4
  • Smashed a random who wanted to play by himself in SF4. Said random then got up and walked away dejectedly.
  • Played stupid gambling machine for tickets so he could buy water pistols.
And he used them, while also distributing them to others and shooting us. That earned several bemused looks from asian ladies and many irritated looks from me.

We went K and ended with Party in the USA. Lawl.

And that is all.


4 comments: