Saturday, April 17, 2010

Eating Out: On Ramen

Today I went to get a haircut at Kippo (gg wallet). Sister made a booking for me with the chick she usually gets her hair done by. Some tidbits

  • Guy next to me talking to his hairdresser about Dr Du
  • Apparently I look 22
  • I don't look like my sister
I wonder if looking old is good. Hey if I look that old, why didn't I just try walking into clubs and shit. Doesn't matter now, don't have to wait long.

While walking to the hairdressers (and thinking I was late), I've come to the realisation that my life doesn't suck as much as I've thought it to. That's pretty good! It made me think a bit

I've got quite a few people I can bitch to.
Mark whoring isn't as prevalent in Uni
Don't play competitive sports anymore

Besides the first point, it just seems like there's less stuff me for to be bad at. Imba

Dernoes! To celebrate this I went to eat some ramen because I was hungry. Lookie! This was at On Ramen opposite Capitol

 Funny Cat Statue

This thing was right in front of me. I thought it was novel enough to take a picture of. The inside of the place is quite cozy (ie small) and the cooks/ waitresses were speaking Chinese and Japanese! Lies and slander! Not supposed to happen in a ramen noodle place unless it's in Hong Kong.

It was somewhat full so I sat on a bench to eat with hardly any leg room. Lame waitress told me to tuck my chair in so my knees were against the counter. Onozo. So I looked at the menu and ordered a Stewed Beef Tongue Chilli Ramen Bento (does that work?)

The Bento Part

So on the left there's some fried rice. It has bits of unagi in it and quite a lot of sesame seeds. It was okay but I had a sneaking suspicion they used a microwave for it (as there was one right in front of where I sat). You have your salmon sashimi which was standard. Then there was the salad, which they put too much dressing on or something. Way too salty. I was considering not eating any of it until I remembered I paid and extra $4 for all of this. Regardless I didn't finish it.

Stewed Beef Tongue Chilli Ramen

 This wasn't too bad. It started out pretty hot but it was tolerable. Oh my gosh the beef tongue was so soft and tender. Very yummy. The bowl also looked quite big and I wouldn't have minded stopping after eating just the noodles. Egg was yummy, with the yolk just cooked I think. Although the soup wasn't awesome enough for me to drink by itself.

Now that I think about it, I could be one of those people that chefs hate because I bag lots of things out. lololol.

Bumped into Isabel on the train back after she finished work. $17.20 an hour seems nice but I don't know if I'd want to work at a call center. For charity is a plus though but it begs the question where do you get your money from!

Got home and decided to take a picture of myself with done up hair. It will never look like this again. EVER.


Then I realized this was a luvo. And also that I wore this shirt last time I got a haircut at kippo (I think)

I should study physics.

Lol optom cruise! wth is retro. I'm thinking of guys with beards, afros wearing all white and disco balls. Hopefully it will still be fun. Stupid xavier, sifn't be socially awkward with me.


Hopefully it won't be as problematic as you make it out to be. Douchebag!
It should be all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment