Saturday, April 10, 2010

Eating Out: Jap in Citeh and Korean in Eastwood

So, yesterday we went to MUSASHI, a Japanese restaurant somewhere close to Capitol Theatre for Patti's belated birthday outing. My sister scoffed when I said this and was like 'Wow you're a highflier now aren't you?' I'm sure someone else will post up pictures and stuff like that so I didn't take any.

 Chilli and Ginger Chicken Set 

I told my sister I only spent $17.70 at the restaurant and she's like 'what'd you buy, a bowl of rice?' Not that we buy bowls of rice for $17.70 but yeahhhh.It was too hot for my taste and requird lots and lots of water. I didn't even finish the bean sprouts that came with it! onozo. Luke had some wagyu special set which we both reckoned wasn't that great. I found it too salty or something.

As if I only write bad things about food, how terrible.

What else was interesting was that when I asked for toothpicks the lady gave me four individual toothpicks instead of the carton thing. How kooky. There was also a green tea brulee that was circulating around that people didn't enjoy. I wasn't feeling up for it so I didn't take any but people's faces were quite funny after taking some of it. Kooky.

Jill mentioned how some of the chefs think it's really lame to take pictures of food (like what I do) because of some copyright blah blah stuff. Dernoes, it keeps me away from physics and gives me something to do.

They go to K and I go home after feeling under the weather to sleep, then go out again to eat at Eastwood with familehhh.

Man I forgot the name of that place too! How tragic, but its the place I wanted to go to last time in Eastwood and suggested we go adventuring there with the guys. They weren't to keen on adventuring so we went to have yumcha instead. I can totally go there myself now, seeing as its within sight of the train station.

So we get there and it's epic busy. The restaurant is pretty small so they can't really fit that many people. My sister starts putting a grumpy face on and after quite some time we get in. They take a while to get us plates and chopsticks (only giving us 3/5) and we need to ask almost 3 times before they give it to us. I think they'd marked us down as grumpy patrons at this point but it was quite bleh. The head waitress/ calling the shots person reminded me and my bro of Cheryl's muzza.

So we order stuff and lookie!

Side Dishes!

Yummy. I even picked up that jelly stuff with my chopsticks successfully! (once) Chum tells me to go to a korean restaurant and order a bowl of rice to get the side dishes with it. I wouldn't mid that at all, even if I do look like a tight arse. Hor hor hor. The potatoes had a sesame ish flavour and zucchinis were put in some similar spices as kimchi I think except with some added sugar so they were pretty sweet. Om nom nom.

Beef Bibimbap

I don't think we got enough chilli sauce but it was nice either way. I especially liked the crunchy bits of rice which reminded me somewhat of rice bubbles. Otherwise its just fried rice with stuff in it. Stufffff

Ginseng Chicken Soup

I haven't had this in many places but I read somewhere in NQN that sometimes the bones are edible because they're cooked for so long. I didn't try any of th bones so I don;t know about that but the flesh was pretty easily pushed off the bone with fork and spoon. The soup was tasty too and is very healthy for you so my mother says. Its got ginseng in it after all!
Dumplings

Dumplings! I don't like friend dumplings that much so I'm biased against these. The sauce they gave us for it also didn't really have vinegar in it which is another onoz for me, but that's just personal preference. Give me boiled dumplings with lots of vinegar over fried ones any day! These were fine though, personal preferences aside. I think. Meh.

Korean Seafood Pancake

Yummmmmmmmm. Very tasty using the same sauce as the dumplings. It had like baby octopus, mussles, chives in a potato pancake. They even cut it into segments for us. This goes pretty quickly.
Beef Belly with Vegetables and Spicy Oysters and stuff

Oh look, a fuzzy photo. Oh look, another forgotten name. Oh. Well. This was very funky to play with. You'd chuck your meat onto the leaf with some miso and chilli vegetables that had the odd raw oyster scattered amongst it. Very yummy although a bit messy. It was somewhat like sang choy bao. See

My One

Okay it just looks like lettuce, but it was tasty.
Beef Soup

 Didn't try any. S much food. Apparently it had some intestines in it with vermicelli stuffed in it. Funky.

Beef Ribs

What korean outing would be complete without the special Korean beef they have. Yum yum yum although I was near bursting at this point. It was good. Er uh yeah.

And that was all we ate amongst five people. Man I didn't even eat any rice. 
We're so not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment