Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Talky and Timetables

Today was when timetables for next sem opened up for enrolment. As always, there were problems and the majority of us are somehow in two groups for next semester, with some kids unable to get into lectures at all. So how timetables work for optom kids is that they make 4 different timetables that we can have and we only get to pick from those 4, unlike in other courses where you're pretty much free to put things in wherever you want (within reason). Next semester's timetables are all pretty okay except people are avoiding the ones with 8am starts like plague and no one wants to finish at 6. I partially got into the group I wanted with one lab being in another group (which isn't supposed to happen but who knows how the system works). We were discussing today why they didn't just give us 4 choices to pick from as opposed to choosing group blah for every single class we had. It's like they just want to make things harder for us (or can't be bothered going an extra step to make it easier). Oh. Well.

I'll be pretty sad going into next semester because I reckon this semester's group has been great. Got to talk to the white girls and some of the cool kids who I think I get along with better now. I only feel bad because there are two of the kids in our group I haven't really talked to much (at all really). Oh well. Seems I use that a lot here.

Some of the cool kids played indoor soccer today as well and it was quite entertaining to watch. I did feel a bit subdued though while I was cheering because no one else really yelled or anything but it was pretty good. The optom kids won with 6 goals I think, one of them going through the keeper's legs which would've been pretty embarrassing for him. Bl dude.

And now as I'm doing work I'm procrastinating (obviously on this blog). It's made me notice that there aren't really any kids I can just talk to while I'm at home. Like I used to bitch and moan about work to japman but seeing as he's never online and most kids are in ninjamode or something there's no one for me to bug. This may be a good thing but it does make me feel a bit isolated at home. Maybe I'm supposed to be talking to family or something like that haha. Is it normal to want to talk to other people at home? And now I realize how stupid that question sounds ahaha.

Other interesting things
- I made my own dinner on Sunday. It was some Pesto pasta with lamb sausages, cherry tomatoes and onions. I'm a freaking masterchef yeah? (no)
- We were singing to some kids guitar in the optom building. Somewhat awkward but still fun. Too bad I didn't know half the words to the songs.
- Gym is closed for a week so I've slept in and it's been amazing

Yeah, writing about this random stuff is pretty cathartic (I'm pretty sure that's the word). I wonder how the ret of the week will go.

1 comment: